Sarah’s Paleo Meatballs
1 lb ground meat (I used buffalo today, but beef or lamb also work great)
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup diced zucchini (yellow squash also works great)
3-4 cloves garlic, minced (or 3-4 tsp of minced garlic)
1 tsp sea salt
**optional, other spices or herbs to your tastes
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and use your hands to mush together into a consistent mixture.
3. Shape into balls and place in baking dish.
4. Bake 30 min or until thermometer inserted in center reads 165F ( you may need to run it through a couple of meatballs at a time to get an accurate reading since they are smaller)
Paleo BBQ sauce (originally from Mark’s Daily Apple)
SoG Zesty Barbecue Zauce
1 6oz can tomato paste (preferable organic)
1 to 1.5 cups of unsalted beef stock
3 Cloves Garlic
0.5 of an onion
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons chili powder
1. Dice your onions and garlic as fine as possible. You want your BBQ sauce a little chunky but the more fine you dice these, the better the flavor will spread through the entire sauce.
2. Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan. Whether you use 1 cup or 1.5 cups of beef stock will depend on how thick you want your sauce.
3. Bring sauce to heat on stove with a low setting.
4. Cover and simmer. Stir frequently and taste regularly. The longer you simmer, the more consistent your flavor will be. I simmered for 20-30 minutes.